APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ALL THEME SCHOOLS AND CENTERS OF INNOVATION:
Application deadline is March 15, 2016
Selections for all schools will be on March 16, 2016. As the Grand Rapids Public Schools, our obligation first and foremost is to those that live within our boundaries. Therefore, we are changing our process, effective immediately, to accept students for all theme schools and Centers of Innovation in this order:
- GRPS district residents with a sibling currently attending the applied for school (not including test-in schools).
- GRPS district residents, regardless of the school they are currently attending; non-residents currently attending a GRPS school; and children of GRPS employees, who reside within the GRPS boundaries.
- Non-residents with a sibling currently attending the applied for school (not including test-in schools); and children of GRPS employees, who are non-residents.
- Non-residents with a sibling currently attending any GRPS school.
- After groups 1-4 have been selected, if seats remain, up to 15% non-resident students will be selected.
- Late applications will be accepted but are subject to a waiting list.
- An application is not complete until all requested documents have been received; only complete applications can be used for selection.
- Notice of selection will be made via letter as selection is done. Selection continues until all openings are filled with eligible students. Once all openings are filled, eligible students are placed on a waiting list.
- The Grand Rapids Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Institution – F/M/V/D. If you need special accommodations due to disability, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 1331 Franklin, SE, P.O. Box 117, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0117 or call 819-2035 (TDD 1-800-649-3777) prior to the meeting. If you speak a language other than English and need interpretation/translation services, please contact us at 819-2129. Advance notice will enable us to better accommodate you.
The District will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, gender, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The District’s Title IX Coordinator is Mr. Kurt Johnson. You may contact him at Grand Rapids Public Schools, 1331 Franklin St. SE, P.O. Box 117, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49501, email@example.com, (616) 819-2479.